The beauty of healthier kitchen cooking coach and kitchen consulting services is that I will work with you, in your home, to help you create a personal environment that is conducive to cooking satisfying, delicious, and healthier meals at home. These are private, custom tailored sessions that go beyond just cooking instruction, to give you the skills and confidence to create meals on your own. I can accommodate most eating styles/dietary needs and will hold your hand through whatever issues you would like to surmount, including:
- pantry organization and stocking
- grocery planning and shopping
- healthy and delicious meal planning
- cooking instruction and skills
- properly outfitting an organized and simple home kitchen
- new healthy recipes
- learning to cook without a recipe
- accommodating a family member with a different diet
- creating side-by-side meals for omnivores and vegetarians
- cost and time saving tips
- adaption of favorite family or restaurant recipes
- assistance following the guidance of your nutritionist and/or M.D. after a medical diagnosis requiring you to change how you eat
- youth classes (middle and high school students)
- new grad/first kitchen
- au pair or babysitter kitchen skills
In the DC area, my fees begin at $75.00 per hour for private, in-home, kitchen consultations and organization, cooking skills lessons and grocery shopping assistance, with a minimum of two hours for each session. For two family members working together, the fee is $50 per hour, per person. Food costs are additional for in home sessions. I don't charge for travel within northwest Washington DC or Montgomery County suburbs. Contact me for fees outside this area.
There is no charge for an initial 20 - 30 minute consultation, which, depending on location, might be on the phone or in your kitchen. This will include a pantry evaluation, evaluation of kitchen supplies and cookware, and an opportunity for us to discuss what your needs and goals are, as well as what and how you and/or your family like to eat. After that first consultation, depending on your needs, follow up sessions may be in any increment above two hours to gain the most benefit. In those sessions, we'll cook together and you'll receive recipes and have produced a meal at the end of each session.
Contact me for pricing for small groups, corporate wellness cooking classes, special events, and for pro bono workshops. I can also conduct small group classes in my home at special pricing with food included.